- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Full-time (37.5 hrs)
- Salary £24,000 – £27,000 (pro-rata) depending on experience
- 3 month mutual probation period 28 days holiday (includes public holidays)
Women’s Business Station (WBS) is a social enterprise membership organisation that exists to support women achieve financial independence and security through enterprise. We have a particular emphasis to support women who have histories of hardship and disadvantage, but our services are designed to reach all women. Founded in 2018 by CEO, Angie De Vos and governed by a board of volunteer Directors, our vision is to be the: ‘First STOP to the best START for women looking to start, build and grow a business. Our mission is to increase the socio-economic empowerment of women.
Through enterprise activities, we aim to build connected communities, collaborating, innovating and facilitating opportunities that support women to achieve their full potential. Over the next 10 years we aim to increase the socio – economic empowerment of 10,000 women by 2030. This promise is called WBS 10by30 “We believe that empowering women is one of the smartest investments we can make. Economic independence and financial freedom give women choices. It enables women to spend more on their families, drive growth in their economies and inspire others in their communities.”
About the Role
The Communications & Marketing Officer will be an integral part of WBS growth ambitions and social impact. As this is a new role, we are keen to attract an enthusiastic, innovative individual, with great communication skills, technical abilities and a passion for doing good. Your primary focus will be to create and implement an impactful marketing engagement strategy that will reach and empower women who maybe looking to start, build or grow a business in Tayside and beyond. In addition, you will support WBS Empowerment Partners, Ambassadors and Stakeholders to address and remove the barriers that women in enterprise face.
- Create an impactful and engaging Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Implement, review and evaluate this strategy Manage and maintain WBS website, digital channels and marketing assets
- Support the WBS team to increase membership to 300 by April 2022
- Build and grow relationships with stakeholders, other networks and community organisations across Scotland
Activities will Involve
- Marketing WBS membership and services across Scotland in line with WBS strategic plan.
- Delivering communication needs for members and WBS team.
- Ensuring brand value is cultivated and protected.
- Involving the organisation in all types of media promotion.
- Managing relationships with all communication channels.
- Managing relationships with professional intermediaries and third-party agencies.
- Maximising the opportunity to communicate positive company activities.
- Working to establish WBS as the first-choice for women looking to start and stay in business.
- Manage social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Create dynamic written, graphic, and video content. Optimise content following search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC).
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation.
- Analyses and report audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media. Maintain updates on company website ensuring SEO.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and drive a very high personal and team output. Strong communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Digital Media, Literature and/or sound experience in a similar role. Experience in designing and activating digital campaigns.
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Previous experience using CMS systems, marketing tools i.e Canva, and Google Analytics is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills. Attention to detail, organised and professional.
- 1st interview: week beginning 8th March
- 2nd Interview: week beginning 15th March
Closing date for applications:- Monday 1st March – 5pm
For an application or to discuss this role further please contact Michelle Almeida
You can apply by downloading the file (can be done by pressing “Apply Now”) and filling out the form then emailing this application form to Michelle Almeida above.