SALARY: Dependent on experience
Content Specialists support the ideation, creation and promotion of digital content to contribute to the overall success of search marketing campaigns. They create digital content in a number of different formats including (but not limited to) landing pages, blog posts, in-depth guides, product pages, press releases and social media campaigns.
They are typically responsible for the creation, optimisation and development of content to meet and exceed clients’ KPI’s and their digital growth goals.
Content Specialists provide support to the Content Manager with day to day tasks and client requests. They are also responsible for analysing content performance with the sharpest attention to detail and spotting opportunities for clients as well as being involved in planning and coordinating campaigns.
Working alongside the SEO and Biddable Media teams, Content Specialists deliver a cohesive strategy that facilities the growth and development of businesses online.
Compiling reports and presenting data, ideas and insights to clients is also a big part of the role. Content Specialists are comfortable communicating strategies both internally and externally, with a professional and authoritative conversation style.
Who we want to work with
- A creative person who always looks at new projects with an innovative eye and can always bring new ideas and a fresh perspective on content.
- Passion for creating innovative and strategic digital content and a dedication to providing the best possible service to clients.
- Has an eye for presenting visual material to engage target customers and clients.
- Methodical, innovative and creative, someone who is process led but can also demonstrate outside-the-box thinking and think on their feet when a situation presents itself.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and moving from different campaigns, objectives and goals throughout a working day whilst retaining the highest quality of work.
- Passionate about content and social media, with a general hunger for developing digital knowledge and a significant interest in new platforms, updates and channels.
- A team player, who:
- Understands their role within the team and though they may offer support or advice to other team members, they also respect the boundaries of their position.- Welcomes collaboration and listens to all ideas and opinions before reaching a decision.
- Is willing to accept criticism, support and advice to develop both personally and professionally.
- Takes responsibility for mistakes and looks for solutions. Understands how their actions impact the entire agency.
- Readily accepts any tasks their manager gives them and views every opportunity as a chance to learn.
- Maintains a positive attitude and outlook, even during stressful situations to contribute to a better working atmosphere.
- Is fully invested and dedicated to the team around them. Demonstrates to others that they believe in the agency, its process and the goals that the team are working together to achieve.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to crack on independently with work when required.
- An organised person who can manage their workload in a clear and coherent way. Proactive with strong time management and planning skills.
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information and has an investigative brain.
- Passion for excellence using the sharpest attention to detail in all aspects of work, with a precise and effective approach to problem solving.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with good communication and presentation skills for both internal and external purposes.
Knowledge and experience
- A sound knowledge of using Google Analytics.
- An understanding of digital content and how it is used within a commercial environment.
- Excellent researcher who has the ability to think outside the box to create content that answers client and customer needs.
- Competent knowledge and familiarity with all social media channels and platforms.
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods and how SEO affects the success of digital content.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- A competent understanding of WordPress and other content management systems.
- Analytical skills which will help to provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve ROI for clients.
- The ability to produce top quality and insightful written reports.
- The ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly – and utilise the most important and relevant information for intelligent strategic development
About the Company
Zelst is a highly experienced search marketing agency that helps clients to be seen and get found online. Due to some exciting client wins, we’re looking to expand our content team. We’re in search for a trainee digital content specialist who shares our passion, energy and enthusiasm for creating the best digital campaigns for our clients.